Have you seen the movie, 2012? Oh goodness, it’s one of my favorite disaster films. Did I not mention that in my bio? I LOVE disaster movies. Disaster movies are my go-to films when I am feeling down, or sick, or both. I recognize that I may need some professional help.
As the end of the
world year approaches, I started to compose a list of events that defined the year for me. I tried to put it in a poem (just to be different), but who am I kidding, poet I am not.
So, how does one sum up 366 days? (Leap year, remember?)
- I celebrated 10 amazing years with my partner in life.
- My stunning little boy turned 1.
- I tweeted a few thousand times.
- A door closed, but another one opened.
- I blogged a lot and people are reading!
- I did a childish thing. Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. (Ambroise Bierce)
- I got up off the couch to 5k in 6 weeks.
- I became a runner.
- I lost a total of 8 inches, all from running.
- I shared a wonderful, relaxing summer holiday with good friends.
- I witnessed the birth of the behaviour of women in the bodies of 3 little girls. It was a little frightening.
- I saw my 4-year-old enter the public school system.
- I experienced the death of two patients through the eyes of their loving family.
- I enjoyed countless glasses of wine.
- I saw a few good films.
- I shed several tears, but laughed a hell of a lot more.
Overall, it was a good year. There were certainly a few bumps in the road, but that is life.
To all my friends (past and present), and to my readers, I wish you all a wonderful holiday season and a healthy, happy and prosperous 2013.