Day 30. National Blog Posting Month.
I did it!!! I wrote a post every day during the month of November.
[Extra points to anyone who can tell me where the “Grr Argh!” reference is from.]
But seriously folks, as today is the last day of the November, I am going to reflect on this month of posting. When I first read about the National Blog Posting Month, I immediately thought it was a great challenge and one I should embark on. I mean, what else have I got to do these days, you know, besides nursing my infant every 3 hours and changing a diaper almost as often? My brain needs the exercise, almost as much as my body needs the running.
As I got started, the magnitude of what I was doing hit me, around day 4 or day 5. Could I really find something to write about day in and day out? Well, as it turns out, I can! And even more surprising to me was that you fine folks were actually reading! It is such an honor to have your attention for a few minutes every day.
One of the goals I had this month was to increase the number of followers of my little blog. At the beginning of the month, I had 86 followers. Today, as I write this, I have 109 followers. Astounding! Thank you!!!! When I read other blogs and see that some folks have hundreds of followers, I wonder how they got there. Well, I kind of figured it out – you have to write often, you have to write about stuff that people are interested in and it doesn’t hurt to be a little funny and be willing to poke fun at yourself.
I also learned a few things while writing this month:
- I can write every day, if I set my mind to it.
- I need to get some decent sleep if I want to lose the baby weight
- The best time to have that morning cup of coffee is around 9:30am, when cortisol levels start to fall.
- There will always be parents who won’t vaccinate their children, but I will continue to educate those parents (in my medical practice especially) and if I can instill change in just one family, then I will have done my job well.
- I’m going to continue to fill my house with music – the memories that are made are there for a lifetime.
- I am so very blessed to have three beautiful, healthy children.
- It’s okay to have a noisy household, especially during naps; in fact, it might actually improve neurodevelopment.
- I am spending way too much money during this maternity leave (see “Costco” post).
- I love running.
And with that, I bid November and the National Blog Posting Month, adieu.