To be, to have, to think, to move — which of these verbs is the one you feel most connected to? Or is there another verb that characterizes you better?
Have you seen the movie, 2012? Oh goodness, it’s one of my favorite disaster films. Did I not mention that in my bio? I LOVE disaster movies. Disaster movies are my go-to films when I am feeling down, or sick, or both. I recognize that I may need some professional help.
As the end of the
world year approaches, I started to compose a list of events that defined the year for me. I tried to put it in a poem (just to be different), but who am I kidding, poet I am not.
So, how does one sum up 366 days? (Leap year, remember?)
- I celebrated 10 amazing years with my partner in life.
- My stunning little boy turned 1.
- I tweeted a few thousand times.
- A door closed, but another one opened.
- I blogged a lot and people are reading!
- I did a childish thing. Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. (Ambroise Bierce)
- I got up off the couch to 5k in 6 weeks.
- I became a runner.
- I lost a total of 8 inches, all from running.
- I shared a wonderful, relaxing summer holiday with good friends.
- I witnessed the birth of the behaviour of women in the bodies of 3 little girls. It was a little frightening.
- I saw my 4-year-old enter the public school system.
- I experienced the death of two patients through the eyes of their loving family.
- I enjoyed countless glasses of wine.
- I saw a few good films.
- I shed several tears, but laughed a hell of a lot more.
Overall, it was a good year. There were certainly a few bumps in the road, but that is life.
To all my friends (past and present), and to my readers, I wish you all a wonderful holiday season and a healthy, happy and prosperous 2013.